Avonside Girls' High School is a culturally diverse city school where all students are encouraged to achieve personal excellence.
Avonside Girls' High School is preparing to move to a new purpose built campus during Term Two in 2019. We will be pioneers of a co-located school model, with Shirley Boys' High School. While the education offered will be single sex classes there will be opportunities for students to mix socially, academically and in sport.
The ultimate campus...
A state of the art design has been created for the rebuild of Avonside Girls’ High School and Shirley Boys’ High School at QEII Park in Christchurch.
Among the facilities to be built on the campus are:
• A Performing Arts Centre with a 750-seat theatre and a second smaller 100-seat theatre
• A Cultural Space
• Four full-sized sportsfields with a 400-metre running track
• Three full-sized indoor Gymnasiums – two of which can be joined to host events.
• A Café and fully-equipped commercial teaching kitchen
The schools will also benefit from being located next to the new QEII Sport and Recreation Centre and in close proximity to the Travis Wetlands Heritage Park.
Avonside Girls' High School 3
Avonside Girls' High School 2
Avonside Girls' High School 1
Avonside has places available for international students in Years 9 -13. Students will be accepted for periods from one term or longer and usually start in Term 1, 2 or 3.
A student may choose her courses from different levels and she may be given the opportinuty to take part in activities from subjects she do not choose to study ie. Year 10 Outdoor Education Camp, PE Leap Snowboarding Camp and Geography field trips.
Coming to a new country is exciting, but often confusing. At Avonside there are always people who will help with problems that arise.
• The International Director is responsible for students academic work and general welfare at school.
• The International Department Manager will manage the enrolment, arrange and moniter the students host family and offer pastoral care while she is in New Zealand.
An orientation programme will help students adjust to their new school. We have an active global, national and local volunteer programme.
The listings provided on the StudyinNewZealand.govt.nz ("SINZ") website are for information and promotional purposes only. ENZ does not endorse any of the education providers listed, and the information, content and material provided in the listings is the sole responsibility of each education provider. This search is powered by Hotcourses.