Faculty of Science and Engineering
The University of Waikato
Gate 8, Hillcrest Road, Hamilton
This is a department of The University of Waikato
The Faculty of Science and Engineering is perfectly placed in the centre of New Zealand’s leading scientific region. Our research and our internationally recognised teaching staff are supported by some of the world’s most advanced laboratory equipment.
Waikato graduates go on to pursue rewarding careers in New Zealand and overseas, with the knowledge they are making a difference to the lives of others. There are two schools in the faculty (School of Science and School of Engineering) and many active research groups, spanning a wide range of topics. Science and engineering graduates are trained to be innovative, multi-skilled and adaptable, and are employed in wellpaid, interesting and stimulating occupations all over the world.
Environmental Research Institute (ERI)
The Environmental Research Institute undertakes multi-disciplinary environmental research across a range of ecosystems to inform policy and practices that will support effective environmental outcomes.
Research centres and units
• Centre for Biodiversity and Ecology Research (CBER)
• Energy Research Centre
• International Centre for Terrestrial Antarctic Research (ICTAR)
• Waikato Centre for Advanced Materials (WaiCAM)
• Waikato Radiocarbon Dating Laboratory research units
• Co-operative Education Unit
• Engineering Education Research Unit (EERU)
• Thermophile and Microbial Biochemistry and Biotechnology Unit (TRU)
• Waikato Stable Isotope Unit (WSIU).
• Cortical Modelling Group
• Coastal Marine Group
• Solar Energy Research Group (SERG)
• Waikato Agritech Group Facilities
• Waikato Biological Imaging Facility
• Waikato DNA Sequencing Facility
• Electronic Microscope Facility
• Mass Spectometry Facility
• University of Waikato Herbarium.
The listings provided on the StudyinNewZealand.govt.nz ("SINZ") website are for information and promotional purposes only. ENZ does not endorse any of the education providers listed, and the information, content and material provided in the listings is the sole responsibility of each education provider. This search is powered by Hotcourses.