Login Register What is a My StudyNZ?
Login Register What is a My StudyNZ?
Ardmore Flying School


Ardmore Flying School

Back to course results View more courses from Ardmore Flying School

Diploma in Aviation - Flight Instructor (Level 6)

Key information

Level of study:
Tuition fees:
72 weeks
Start date: To be confirmed
Ardmore Flying School
Course enquiry Shortlist shortlist loader
2 of 20 Your selection was not able to be shortlisted, please try again

Course details


Ardmore Flying School prepares you for a rewarding career in aviation. Learn to fly at Ardmore Flying School with professional experienced instructors using well-maintained modern aircraft and simulators. Your journey towards becoming an aviation professional starts here.

Flight Instruction Programme

At the completion of this programme you will be able to fly commercially (for hire or reward) as a C Category Flight Instructor. You will be under the direct supervision of a B or A Category senior instructor initially, but can quickly progress out of direct supervision and upgrade to a B Category instructor in 6 – 12 months. The experience gained as a flight instructor is recognised by many airlines as a valuable skill and knowledge upgrade process and can help get that first airline job more quickly – especially if combined with the Airline Preparation training. The programme will take approx. 72 weeks.

  • Private Pilot License (PPL) Theory & CAA English Language Assessment
  • Basic Practical Phase and Commercial Pilots License (CPL) Theory 64.4 Flying Hours/2 Simulator Hours
  • Instrument Rating Theory and Commercial Pilots License (CPL) Navigation Phase-155.2 Flying Hours
  • Instrument Rating Practical 60.8 Flying Hours/ 21.1 Simulator Hours
  • Commercial Pilots License (CPL) Practical Phase-233.2 Flying Hours
  • Instructor Rating (C-Cat) 41.6 Flying Hours

Entry criteria

At least 18 years old at course commencement.

IELTS or equivalent with a score of 6 (no bands less than 5.5) for the Level 6 Diploma Programmes

Immigration - All international students must hold a Student Visa to study in NZ.

Medical - Students must obtain a Class 1 CAANZ medical.

Logbook of any previous flight training


The listings provided on the StudyinNewZealand.govt.nz ("SINZ") website are for information and promotional purposes only. ENZ does not endorse any of the education providers listed, and the information, content and material provided in the listings is the sole responsibility of each education provider. This search is powered by Hotcourses.