This course aims to develop in learners the sensitivity and responsiveness that is required in communicating and collaborating with diverse teams in a bi- and multi-cultural environment and equip the leaners with technical and administrative skills to work in a range of office administration roles.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Manage interpersonal conflict
- Advanced functions of office technology
- Digital collaboration tools
- Statistical analysis
- Operation of spreadsheets and databases
- Produce business information using advanced word processing
- Customer satisfaction measurement tools
- Strategies for communication in a culturally diverse workplace
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS WILL I GAIN?
New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) (Level 4)
- Be 17 years of age or older
- Have studied at a secondary school for at least 4 years OR successfully gained New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) (Level 3)
- Successfully complete a NZMA Placement Test
- For candidates who do not have English as their first language, an International English Language Testing System (IELTS), General or Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or equivalent, will be needed.
The following English levels are considered as acceptable for entrance to our course:
- TOEFL 550 (PBT), 46(IBT)
- Equivalent qualifications (FCE, CAE, NZCEL, PTE, NCEA Level 3 + University entrance requirements).
- Passed an NZQA approved internal ACG English test (including NSIA and Campbell Institute) with 5.5 IELTS overall. This is only applicable for students from markets with over 80 percent visa approval. Visa approval rates are available on the New Zealand Immigration website.
- A 5.5 IELTS equivalent letter from an approved partner English school that has an approved NZQA English language proficiency assessment.
- If you are transferring/graduated from another tertiary training organisation in New Zealand you may be required to sit one of our NZQA approved internal ACG English tests.