* Please note tuition fees have been rounded off.Tuition fees may differ.
This is a 20 week full time course intended for learners of English as an additional Language who are wishing to gain a qualification demonstrating competence in English Language sufficient for entry to level 5 and above tertiary study in New Zealand.
Graduates will have the language skills required to communicate independently and effectively in familiar and some less familiar situations with fluency and flexibility in everyday/social/community, workplace and/or academic English language contexts. This qualification is at a level comparable to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B2.
This qualification allows the Aotearoa New Zealand community, employers and educational institutions to recognise the level at which the graduate can use English for academic purposes
Graduates of this qualification will have the English language skills to:
1. Understand main ideas and key supporting details of complex oral texts on familiar and sometimes unfamiliar topics.
2. Read and understand complex texts with a large degree of independence on familiar and sometimes unfamiliar topics.
3. Locate, organise and summarise important information in texts.
4. Speak with fluency and spontaneity to communicate with some degree of elaboration in a range of familiar and unfamiliar contexts.
5. Write coherent texts appropriate to audience and purpose, with few linguistic errors in a range of text types, synthesising and evaluating information and arguments from a number of sources.
Successful completion of this course can enable the student to meet the English Language entry requirements for the Bachelor of Health Science degrees and the Diploma in Tuina (Level 7) at NZCCM and be considered for entry to other programmes offered at NZCCM (Auckland and on line Campus’s).
Intake: February & July
There are no mandatory prerequisites to meet regulatory body, or legislative requirements for this qualification, however students must be 18 years of age or over at the time of enrolment.
It is desired that learners have an achievement in English equivalent to New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Level 3), or demonstrate equivalent knowledge and skills.
All learners must sit an entry test prior to enrolment to ensure that the programme of study chosen is appropriate and that they will have a reasonable chance of success
The listings provided on the StudyinNewZealand.govt.nz ("SINZ") website are for information and promotional purposes only. ENZ does not endorse any of the education providers listed, and the information, content and material provided in the listings is the sole responsibility of each education provider. This search is powered by Hotcourses.