Technical knowledge and skills
- Develop a business plan for small business
- Develop and implement a system for monitoring and improving business performance
- Manage finances for the business
- Manage the marketing activities of the business
- Implement technology options for the business
- Manage staff and human resource processes for the business
- Select and apply customer service techniques, to maximise customer satisfaction
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviour, in a socially and culturally appropriate manner
- Maintain personal and/or professional growth for the ongoing effectiveness of the business
- Work independently and show initiative for achieving goals
Comply with internal policies, legislation and other external requirements for the business.
For those interested in progressing onto further study in Business, options at SIT include:
- NZ Diploma in Business (on campus)
- New Zealand Diploma in Business Level 5 (Administration and Technology Strand) (distance learning)
- New Zealand Diploma in Business Level 5 (Leadership and Management Strand) (distance learning)
- New Zealand Diploma in Business Level 5 (Project Management Strand) (distance learning)
- Bachelor of Commerce (on campus)
- Bachelor of Applied Management (distance learning)
To satisfactorily complete the New Zealand Certificate in Business (Small Business) (Level 4) and be awarded this qualification, the student must successfully achieve:
- A minimum of 60 credits in accordance with the programme schedule for the New Zealand Certificate in Business (Small Business) (Level 4)
- The student will normally be expected to complete the New Zealand Certificate in Business (Small Business) (Level 4) full time over six months or part time over 2 years
Applicants should be a minimum of 16 years of age, and have attained NCEA Level 2 or equivalent.
Applicants over the age of 20 years at time of enrolment will be considered where they can demonstrate the ability to succeed in a programme.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS test - General or Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5
- TOEFL Paper based test (pBT) - Score of 530 (with an essay score of 4.5 TWE)
- TOEFL Internet based test (iBT) - Score of 46 (with a writing score of 14)
- Cambridge English Examination –B2 First or B2First for schools with a score of 162. No less than 154 in each skill.
- OET - Minimum of Grade C or 200 in all sub-tests
- NZCEL - a) Expiring Level b) Current:
- Level 3 (Academic) b) Level 3 (Applied)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) – PTE (Academic) score of 42 with no band score lower than 36
- Language Cert - B2 Communicator IESOL (LRWS) with PASS and no less than Pass in each skill
- Trinity ISE - ISE II with no less than pass in any band
Southern Institute of Technology
2 of 20
Your selection was not able to be shortlisted, please try again
* Please note tuition fees have been rounded off. Tuition fees may differ.