Graduates will benefit New Zealand business entities by contributing to the achievement of entities’ operational objectives, through the application of knowledge and skills, in an ethical manner in a bi and multi-cultural environment.
In addition, graduates will have specialised knowledge and skills for application in operational roles in New Zealand business entities, depending on which strand is achieved.
- Fundamentals of Business
- Business Environment
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Accounting Principles and Practices
- Financial Accounting
- Risk Assessment and Internal Controls
Leadership and Management Strand
- Operations Management
- Leadership and Change Management
- Managing and Leading Projects
Administration and Technology Strand
- Business Administration 1
- Business Administration 2
- Business Technologies
To provide students with the skills, knowledge and competence to undertake a broad range of mid to high-level business activities and discuss the relevance and importance of the development of a contemporary organisation.
On completion of the program students will be able to:
- Apply general and specialised business knowledge and skills in a range of operational roles (operations/accounting/sales and marketing/human resource/risk management) within a small/medium New Zealand or multinational organization operating in New Zealand.
- Contribute to the achievement of organisation's operational objectives, through the application of knowledge and skills, in an ethical manner and in a bi- and multi-cultural environment.
- Apply knowledge and skills in areas of Accounting Principles and Practices, Budgeting, Taxation, Financial Analysis, Internal Controls as well as Accounting Profession's Code of Practice.
- Contribute to community groups in volunteer accounting functions.
- Apply knowledge and skills in areas of administration and technology, user support services, administrative systems and processes and identify and recommend any improvements.
- Apply knowledge and skills in areas of planning, organizing and managing business administration functions, operations, and/or projects, to support management.
- Apply knowledge and skills in areas of leadership and management such as managing and leading business activities, identifying operational issues, manage projects and challenges and applying techniques for continuous improvement for efficient and effective performance of the entity.
- Contribute to the business planning for efficient and effective performance of the entity
- Minimum age of 18 years
- Completion of secondary schooling OR equivalent
- The applicant needs to have an overall IELTS proficiency level in Academic English of 5.5 with no individual band score lower than 5 OR an acceptable score from an NZQA approved International English Language Testing System.