We use cookies to ensure we give you the best experience of our website. If you keep browsing, we'll assume that's OK. See our privacy policy here.



Start planning your education adventure today.

Apply for your student visa

If your course is less than 12 weeks long, you’ll only need a visitor visa to come to New Zealand. However, if you plan to study for more than 12 weeks you’ll need to apply for a student visa online.

You will need to scan and send:

Visas step one

The offer of place from your educational institution (note: the institution must be registered with the New Zealand Qualifications Authority www.nzqa.govt.nz).

Visas step two

If you’re under 18 years old, a written guarantee from the institution or authorised person that suitable accommodation is available to you in New Zealand.

Visas step three

Proof that you have enough money for living costs while studying and living in New Zealand.

Visas step four

A return airline ticket to your home country, or proof that you have enough money to buy one.

You can get more information about visas and all of the above requirements at:


Find your local education agent
Find an Agent