Purpose of award
Institutions can apply to host a specific Specialist from the Council for International Exchange of Scholars' (CIES) Fulbright Specialist Roster or make an open application to have a suitable Specialist assigned to meet their needs.
Fulbright Specialists are experienced educators (normally at the Ph.D or equivalent level) or experienced professionals with substantial professional, scholarly, or artistic accomplishments who will engage in one or more of the following activities at university level abroad:
- Conduct needs assessments and surveys;
- Take part in specialised academic programs and conferences;
- Consult with administrators and instructors on faculty development;
- Present lectures at graduate and undergraduate levels;
- Participate in or lead seminars or workshops;
- Develop and/or assess academic curricula or educational materials;
- Conduct faculty-training programs.
To be eligible, the host institution must:
- be a tertiary education institution or have an academic affiliation;
- be willing to cover accommodation, meals and domestic travel costs; and
- if applying for a specific Specialist, ensure they are on the Fulbright Specialist Roster before applying to host them.
- Priority will be given to organizations which have not previously benefited from this award programme.
Number of awards offered
Up to six.
Up to US$11,700
Tenure of award
Towards two to six week programmes of activities.
Closing dates for applications
How do students apply?
You must complete and submit the application form below by the application deadline*;
- Note that if the application deadline falls on a weekend or public holiday, the deadline is extended to 5:00pm on the next business day.
- Return airfare to New Zealand;
- US$200 per day honorarium;
- A basic health benefit plan covering a maximum of US$50,000 per sickness or injury.
Fulbright New Zealand
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact:
Visit the provider's website
This search is powered by Generosity New Zealand.
Disclaimer - Generosity New Zealand has made every effort to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
© 2016 Generosity New Zealand.