Purpose of award
In particular, the scholarship recognises his close involvement with the development of academic legal studies at the University of the South Pacific and the long standing commitment of the Victoria University Law Faculty to the South Pacific.
- The Scholarship is tenable to a Law graduate from the Pacific Islands with a first class academic record, who plans to undertake, or is currently undertaking, a Master’s degree at the Victoria University Law Faculty, either by thesis or by course work, or a Postgraduate Diploma. The applicant should be planning on a legal career in academic service, or in government or community service. Priority will be given to a student living in the Pacific Islands but Pacific students resident in New Zealand may also be considered.
- The Scholarship may also be awarded to a third or fourth year student of the Victoria University Law Faculty who wishes to enrol for a trimester at the Law Faculty of the University of the South Pacific. This award may be made in the same year as the award above.
Number of awards offered
A scholarship may be offered annually in each of the categories; subject to available funding.
See 'Additional Information.'
Tenure of award
Up to one academic year.
Closing dates for applications
How do students apply?
- Download the 'Application Form' from the link.
- Victoria University students wishing to apply for study at the University of the South Pacific should contact Professor Tony Angelo, Faculty of Law, University of Wellington directly to discuss application by the 1 October.
- The Scholarship covers one return economy class airfare and fees (whether at international or domestic level) for the LLM or Postgraduate Diploma.
- For the Victoria University third or fourth year student intending to undertake one trimester at the University of the South Pacific, the value of the scholarship is one return economy airfare to Wellington.
Victoria University of Wellington
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact:
Visit the provider's website
This search is powered by Generosity New Zealand.
Disclaimer - Generosity New Zealand has made every effort to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
© 2016 Generosity New Zealand.