The “Dream NEW” scholarship is for students from Europe to undertake a semester of undergraduate study in New Zealand. This scholarship has been designed for European students who dream big, crave adventure and set their sights on new horizons. It is for those wanting to realise their vision in the forward-thinking education climate of New Zealand – a country where innovation flourishes, and where people from all over the world come together to follow their dreams.
A New Zealand education encourages you to be open minded, creative and to dream NEW.
Applicants must meet ALL the following criteria:
• Must be a EU citizen (or Norway or Switzerland) or hold EU (or Norway or Switzerland) resident status for a minimum of 2 years
• Currently enrolled in a undergraduate (Bachelor) study programme
• Currently enrolled at a tertiary institution in one of the 28 EU countries (plus Norway or Switzerland)
• 18 years at the time of application
• Must not be a holder of a DAAD or Promos scholarship that relates to this study in New Zealand
Applications are welcome from citizens (or residents) of all European Union countries plus Norway or Switzerland for a “Study Abroad” Semester at undergraduate level as offered by the New Zealand universities and institutions.
As part of your application you'll be asked to create a short video OR write a short blog/essay introducing yourself and explaining why you’re the right candidate for the “Dream NEW” Scholarship.
Show us why you are a New Zealand fan; what you are dreaming of; which university or ITP you have chosen, explain what and why you’d like to study New Zealand.
Your statement should showcase your personality, creativity and your desire for New Zealand.
Number and value varies
Varies - up to NZD$ 12,500(approx. 7,500 €)
“Dream NEW” Scholarships are valued at up to NZD$12,500 (approx. 7,500 €) and will support you to study at one of New Zealand’s highly-ranked, world class universities and tertiary institutions. The scholarship will cover tuition fees (wholly or partially) for students undertaking a Study Abroad programme in Semester One or Two in 2018 (details vary between the institutions).
Applications are now closed for the 2017/18 round of the Dream NEW scholarship
Auckland University of Technology (AUT) (1 full scholarship at up to NZD 12,500
University of Waikato (1 full scholarship at up to NZD 12,500)
Lincoln University (6 partial scholarships at NZD 2,000 each)
Massey University (3 partial scholarships at NZD 4,000 each)
Victoria University of Wellington (3 partial scholarships at NZD 4,000 each)
University of Otago (3 partial scholarships at NZD 4,000 each)
University of Canterbury (3 partial scholarships at NZD 4,000 each)
Ara Institute of Canterbury (ARA) (2 partial scholarships at NZD 4,000 each)
Eastern Institute of Technology (EIT) (2 partial scholarships at NZD 4,000 each)
Otago Polytechnic (Auckland Campus) (1 full scholarship at NZD 8,500)
Applicants must have English language proficiency in order to undertake courses in New Zealand. You will need to provide evidence of this in order to apply for the scholarship.
In addition to the online application, you must submit/upload the below in order to complete the “Dream NEW” application. Further details are available in the online form.
• Official transcript/s of university/tertiary level qualification/s to date
• Evidence of English-Language proficiency
• Curriculum Vitae (resume)
• Copy of the photo ID page of your passport
• Online reference from your home university (professor, lecturer, etc.)
English language skills
Candidates must submit either:
• A scan of the certificate/s of English language proficiency you hold (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, DAAD, university tests etc.) OR,
• A letter from your current home university, confirming your English language proficiency.
Education New Zealand
This search is powered by Generosity New Zealand.
Disclaimer - Generosity New Zealand has made every effort to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
© 2016 Generosity New Zealand.
Sign up here so we can make sure any tools or tips we send you about studying in New Zealand are relevant and personalised especially for you.