This website is owned and maintained by Education New Zealand, a Crown Entity funded by the New Zealand Government.
Unless otherwise indicated, copyright in all material available on this site is owned by Education New Zealand. Except as set out in these terms you may reproduce the material on this site free of charge without further permission, as long as you:
- Reproduce the material accurately;
- Do not use the material in a derogatory manner or a misleading context; and
- • Acknowledge the source and copyright status of the material.
Unless we give you written permission you may not reproduce, adapt, copy, distribute or incorporate in any other work, in whole or in part, any trade mark appearing on this site, including any Education New Zealand logos or trade marks that appear on this site (including the 'Education New Zealand' logo and the 'New Zealand Educated' logo).
Like many organisations we collect information about our users for the purposes of:
- providing you with services that we offer
- improving our digital platforms, marketing material and strategies, and to provide you with a better experience when you use our digital platforms and when we provide you our services
We collect information about you when you communicate with us, visit or use this site or any other online platform, service, application, website or messaging service that we subscribe to or use (each being a Digital Platform).
We may collect and use information that we collect about you from publicly available third party websites and sources, and we may use that information in accordance with these terms.
We are committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1993 when collecting, using or dealing with any of your personal information.
We may collect information relevant to this website and our other digital platforms, our marketing strategies and our services, including information on:
- IP addresses
- Search terms
- Pages accessed and links clicked
- Dates and times of visits
- The immediate previous site visited
- Operating systems (eg Windows, Mac)
- Web browsers
- Internet activity, whether on this website or any other
Where we use information for statistical purposes, all users are anonymous and not personally identifiable from the information.
We may share your personal information with third parties (including education providers and institutions) if you have completed any forms or submitted any enquiries connected to that third party.
Personal information collected through any Digital Platform or the 'Subscribe' and 'Contact Us' forms on this website will be collected by Education New Zealand and will be used for the purposes of:
- providing your personal information to Education New Zealand’s agents, education providers and institutions
- facilitating communications between Education New Zealand, you and/or its agents, education providers and institutions
- Education New Zealand’s communications, and marketing and promotional information and materials about Education New Zealand, its programmes and activities, and its agents, education providers and institutions.
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive, then sent back to the server by your browser each time you access certain sections of the website or our other digital platforms.
Third parties including Google Analytics use this non-personally identifiable information to perform statistical analysis of user behaviour and demographics. We may use this analysis to understand the key characteristics of visitors to any Digital Platform on an anonymous and aggregate level which assists us to improve and personalise your experience with Education New Zealand. We also use the information provided by third parties including the Google Analytics Remarketing service to better target our online advertising including based on your previous visits to any Digital Platform, and to present you with relevant advertising on third party websites. Education New Zealand may disclose the information collected by cookies, in an aggregate (not personal) form only, to Google and third parties including advertisers or potential advertisers.
If you do not want information to be collected by cookies there is a simple procedure in web browsers which allows you to manually disable the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this, please look at the help menu on your browser. You may opt out of Google Analytics, DoubleClick advertising and third party cookies. For more information on how we use Google advertising and Analytics please see here.
Other than as stated above, information will not be shared with third parties outside of Education New Zealand (or its affiliates and related parties) except where required by law. We may also disclose your personal information if and to the extent we are required to do so by law or at the request of a government agency that has authority to compel us to disclose your personal information.
We may share information that we collect about you in accordance with, and for the purposes set out in these terms, and we may share information about you with:
- Education New Zealand affiliates and related parties
- Our service providers that we have engaged to provide a service to us in relation to this website or any service that we have agreed to provide you. For example, we may share information about you with a service provider that we have engaged to provide technology services or customer support services
- any other organisation or person that you have authorised us to disclose your information to
We may disclose information about you if, and to the extent that, we are required to do so by law, or at the request of a government agency that has authority to compel us to disclose information about you.
By submitting information to Education New Zealand (including through the 'Subscribe' and 'Contact Us' forms or by completing or submitting an enquiry form) or by using, or communicating with us through, any other Digital Platform you agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your information as described above.
If you do not agree to the terms of this policy, Education New Zealand will not accept your form or enquiry, and your information will not be processed or referred on to Education New Zealand’s agents, education providers and institutions.
Information will be held by Education New Zealand at its offices at Level 5 Lambton House, 160 Lambton Quay, PO Box 12041, Wellington 6144, New Zealand. Under the Privacy Act 1993, you may request access to and correction of your personal information held by Education New Zealand by writing to Education New Zealand at the above address, or by contacting Angela Meredith on +64 4 913 9597 or firstname.lastname@example.org.